Fix Ahead Chicken
|Chicken parts||2 Pound|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (1/2 Soup Can)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut lengthwise in quarters|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a skillet, saute the chicken in in shortening, until browned.
3) In a 2-quart casserole, transfer the chicken with a slotted spoon and discard the skillet drippings.
4) In the same skillet, combine the chicken soup, milk and seasonings together, heat thoroughly.
5) Stir in the carrots and onions, cook, covered over a low heat for 10 minutes; stirring frequently.
6) Stir in the lima beans, stir and cook until the beans are separated.
7) Pour over the chicken, cover and immediately refrigerate until 1 hour and 15 minutes before serving.
8) Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
9) Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
10) If not refrigerated and cooked immediately, reduce the baking time of covered casserole 15 minutes.
11) Serve the Fix Ahead Chicken, immediately on serving plates.