|Curried rice mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Relish||10 Ounce (1 Jar, Chutney Type)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Ready to eat barbecued chickens||3 Pound (2 Birds, 1- To 1 1/2 Pound Size)|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Oil and vinegar salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), prepared|
|Frozen broccoli spears||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounces Each)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
|Dinner rolls||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , washed and crisped|
|Paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Sprinkle)|
|Watercress sprigs||5 (To Garnish)|
|Preserved kumquats||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon, garnish (To Garnish)|
1. For each chicken, slash skin in several places such as breast, legs and wings.
2. Combine 2/3 cup chutney-type relish, lemon juice and corn syrup; mix until well blended.
3. Cover chickens with chutney mixture, rubbing it into the skin. Let stand for flavors to be absorbed.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Start cooking curried-rice mix as package label directs, decreasing the amount of water called for to 2 cups.
6. Wrap chickens in foil and bake 15 minutes, or until heated through.
7. In the meantime, make the salad. Peel, halve, stone and slice avocado into 1/2-inch thick slices.
8. Slice green onion to measure 1/2 cup.
9. In bowl, combine avocado, green onion and oil-and-vinegar dressing and refrigerate to chill slightly.
10. Cook the frozen broccoli in slightly salted water, following package directions.
11. Lightly butter bread rolls, wrap loosely in foil and warm on bottom shelf of oven with chickens.
12. Separate the Boston lettuce into leaves in salad bowl.
13. Add chilled avocado and onion and toss gently. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with watercress.
14. Drain broccoli and toss with butter.
15. Fluff cooked rice and turn into a serving bowl.
16. Arrange chickens on a serving platter and surround with broccoli.
17. Garnish with lemon wedges, if you wish.
18. Serve with salad, rice, buttered rolls, preserved kumquats, raisins and additional chutney-type relish on the side