Roasted Whole Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables and Truffle Oil
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|White truffle oil||To Taste|
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop the 2 carrots, celery and 1 large onion into huge chunks and arrange at the bottom of the baking pan.
3. Rub olive oil all over the whole chicken.
4. Add salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme for seasoning and rub over the chicken. Add some of the seasoning into the chicken as well.
5. Add a bay leaf into the chicken.
6. Place the chicken on the pan lined with vegetables and pop into the oven 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the skin browns on top.
7. Turn the temperature in the oven down to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Drizzle the juices at the bottom of the pan over the chicken.
9. Put the chicken back in the oven for 30-40 minutes again.
10. Remove chicken from oven and let it sit for 15 minutes.
11. Cut a piece, add some white truffle oil over the chicken piece and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6270 Calories from Fat 3554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 394 g606.2%
Saturated Fat 112.5 g562.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2129.9 mg710%
Sodium 2698.5 mg112.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.5%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 590 g1179.3%
Vitamin A 899.3% Vitamin C 111.7%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 151.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet