Chicken Foo Manchow
|Frying chickens||2 , skin removed, cut up|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Depending On Strength)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
1) In a large bowl, place the chicken.
2) In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic.
3) Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and allow to marinate for 2 hours, turning at regular intervals.
4) In a casserole or heavy pot, place 1 cup of bean sprouts.
5) Make layers over the sprouts by spreading marinated chicken, mushrooms, and the remaining sprouts.
6) Spoon the marinade over the mixture.
7) Simmer until the chicken is tender.
8) Serve hot with side of small mixed salad if desired.
Calories 1460 Calories from Fat 753
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.5%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g118.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 502.5 mg167.5%
Sodium 2294.3 mg95.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 159 g318.6%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 42.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet