Chilled International Dinner
|Cracked wheat||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Bulgur)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Whole chicken breast||1 , boned, skinned|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Pint|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large|
|Prepared italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Plain Variety)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|French bread baguette||1|
|Coffee flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee granules||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, bring to boil 2 cups of water. Add in 1/3 cup of cracked wheat, a dash of salt and garlic. Let the liquid boil once more before tuning down the flame. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
2) Slice the chicken breast into 3/4-inch chunks. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Saute the chicken cubes stirring often for 7 minutes, till the chicken is cooked through.
3) Let the coffee ice cream soften a bit.
4) Rinse and drain the spinach.
5) On a metal baking pan, spread out the chicken. Place in the freezer. Also place two serving plates in the freezer.
6) Clean the tomatoes and slice their top off. Scoop the centre out. Discard the seeds. Chop the tomato tops and the centre pulps.
7) Drain the cracked wheat. Discard the garlic. Spread out the cracked wheat on a pan and freeze.
8) Take two sherbet dishes and add a scoop of ice cream into each. Freeze.
9) Finely shred the drained spinach.
10) Transfer the chicken into a small bowl. Add in the chopped tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the prepared dressing into the bowl.
11) Mix together the yoghurt and mustard. Fill the hollow of the tomatoes with half of the chicken mixture. Spoon some of the yoghurt mustard sauce on top. Garnish the top with chopped mint leaves.
12) Take out the two chilled plates from the freezer. Arrange the shredded spinach leaves on it.
13) Transfer the cracked wheat into a bowl. Add in 1/4 cup of the prepared dressing. Serve the wheat equally between the two serving plates. Place a tomato each in the centre of the plate over the wheat. Garnish with a cucumber slice and olive each. Place a French Bread with butter on the side.
14) Garnish the ice cream with coffee-flavored liqueur. Sprinkle coffee granules on top and coffee candies, if desired.