|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add all ingredients, except chicken and mix well.
2) Place chicken on the grill, skin side up, 6 to 12 inches away from the hot coals.
3) Brush the chicken with barbecue mixture.
4) Cook slowly till tender, turning and basting occasionally.
5) Allow 1 to 11/2 hours total cooking time.
6) To test if the chicken is cooked, the leg should twist easily out of thigh joint and pieces should be fork tender.
7) Serve with a side of chopped salad.