Curried Chicken Breasts En Casserole
|Whole chicken breast||2 1⁄2 Pound, split (3 Whole Ones)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Curry sauce||1 Quart (4 Cups)|
|Banana||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Fluffy cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped peeled tart apple||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Curry powder||6 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||53 3⁄4 Ounce (5 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce, Undiluted)|
|Grated lemon peel||4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
1) Skin chicken and clean under cold running water. Dry with paper towels.
2) Preheat oven hot to 375F.
3) In a large skillet heat butter and brown chicken in batches, 5 minutes per side.
4) Put all chicken into the skillet.
5) Stir in curry sauce and boil.
6) To prepare curry sauce, in a large skillet heat butter. Add garlic, onion, curry powder and apple and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
7) Take off from heat.
8) Mix flour, cardamom, ginger and pepper thoroughly.
9) Cook and stir over low heat.
10) Fold in chicken broth, lemon peel and juice.
11) Stir and boil.
12) Reduce heat. Simmer and stir occasionally for 50 minutes.
13) Add chutney.
14) Decrease heat, simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
15) Uncover and cook for 10 minutes.
16) Mix banana and simmer for 5 minutes.
17) In a 2-quart shallow casserole or serving platter put chicken breasts, overlapping slightly.