Yogurt Marinated Chicken Breasts
|Whole chicken breasts||4 , skinned and boned (Or 8 Halves)|
|For the marinade|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh cilantro leaves/Coriander leaves||4|
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing or preheat indoor grill or broiler.
2. Cut each whole chicken breast in half and set aside.
3. For making Marinade:
4. Into a double thickness of food-storage bags, spoon half of yogurt.
5. Into yogurt in container mix well stirring remaining marinade ingredients.
6. Spoon seasoned yogurt into food-storage bag and gently stir to combine with unseasoned yogurt. Place chicken pieces in bag and close tightly with tie provided.
7. Gently turn bag upside down to coat chicken pieces evenly with yogurt marinade and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
8. Grill chicken, 4 inches above low coals, for about 10 minutes, turning once after 5 minutes.
9. Alternately place chicken pieces in disposable broiler pans and broil, 6 inches from heat, 8 minutes until chicken pieces are lightly browned.
10. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.
While broiling chicken, broil one pan of chicken at a time covering and keep warm while broiling second pan of chicken.