Quick Chicken Jubilee
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Grape preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar Of 10 Ounces Plus 1/4 Cup)|
|Canned pitted dark sweet cherries||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Drain the cherries reserving the syrup.
3. Combine cherry syrup and lemon juice and keep aside.
4. In a large casserole or skillet, melt and heat the butter or margarine.
5. Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time and fry them until evenly browned.
6. Add grape preserves and cherry syrup and stir well.
7. Reduce the heat, cover the pan
8. Simmer chicken for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is almost tender.
9. Blend the cornstarch in water and stir into the chicken along with Worcestershire sauce.
10. Heat until the sauce is thick and bubbly, stirring frequently.
11. If using brandy, pour over the chicken and ignite carefully.
12. When the flames die down, transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
13. Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces and serve immediately with rice or pasta.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg47%
Sodium 199.5 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet