|Chicken pieces||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Potato flour/Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry wine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple rings/Canned pineapple chunks||4 Ounce|
1) Remove meat from chicken pieces and cut it into chunks.
2) In a bowl, mix together potato flour or cornstarch, half the oil, the soy sauce, sherry and seasoning.
3) Add the chicken pieces and coat well.
4) Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
5) Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4cup of the syrup.
6) Cut the rings into sections or halve the chunks.
7) In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the rest of the oil.
8) Drain the chicken, saving the marinade, and add to the pan.
9) Cook over a fairly high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Add the reserved marinade from the chicken and the pineapple pieces to the pan and cook for a further 12 minutes, continually turning the chicken over.
11) When the chicken is golden brown, add the reserved pineapple syrup, adjust seasoning and cook for a further 5 minutes.
12) Serve with saffron rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1343 Calories from Fat 587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.5%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 476.2 mg158.7%
Sodium 1434 mg59.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 147 g294.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet