Sara's Country Chicken
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut in eighths|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|White cooking wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Holland House)|
|Pitted black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||1 Pound|
1. Dredge the chicken pieces with flour.
2. In a large casserole or skillet, heat the oil.
3. Add the chicken pieces and fry them until evenly browned.
4. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep aside.
5. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to the oil and fry them till tender and golden.
Stir in the wine and simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame until the wide is reduced.
6. Return the chicken and add the olives, capers and tomatoes.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
8. Serve the chicken over rice, pasta or with bread.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 537.9 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 49 g98.3%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet