Chicken In Sherry Wine
|Chicken||1 (breasts and legs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sherry wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Bronte)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rinse the chicken and pat on kitchen towels.
2. Season the flour with paprika and salt.
3. Dredge the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
4. In a large casserole, melt and heat the butter over medium heat.
5. Add the chicken and sautÃ© it until evenly browned.
6. Stir in the chicken stock and wine, dislodging the browned bits from the base of the casserole.
7. Cover the casserole with a tight fitting lid.
8. Simmer the chicken on a low flame for almost and hour until it is tender.
9. Remove cooked chicken to a serving dish.
10. In a small bowl, blend the cream and egg yolk.
11. Spoon a little of the hot cooking liquid into the cream mixture and blend well.
12. Pour the cream into the casserole and stir well.
13. Heat through on a low flame, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
14. Pour the sauce over the chicken, to coat well.
15. Serve hot with rice, pasta or bread.