Stuffed Chicken Breasts Supreme
|Whole chicken breasts||4|
|Processed gruyere cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 packet)|
|Salami||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seasoned coating mix for chicken||2 3⁄8 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease the baking dish.
2) Take the chicken breast and slice them into half. Remove the skin off the breasts. Place them between two wax sheets and pound them with a wooden mallet till it becomes very thin.
3) In a small bowl, add 1 cup cheese, salami and green onions. Place the filling in the centre of each of the chicken breast. Roll it up and fasten using a toothpick.
4) In a shallow dish, beat the egg. On a wax paper, spread the seasoned coating mix. Dip the stuffed breasts into the egg and immediately dredge them on the coating mix.
5) Arrange the breasts in a single layer on the baking dish.
6) Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken browns.
7) In a medium saucepan, add butter or margarine. Stir in flour and stir well till the sauce bubbles. Add in milk and cook for a minute. Add in the remaining cheese and stir till it melts.
8) Serve the Stuffed Chicken Breasts Supreme with hot cheese sauce on the side.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.5 mg41.2%
Sodium 351.4 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet