Glazed Chicken Bits
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed|
|Gingerroot||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pared, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken breast||5 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Cooked instant rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (hot)|
1) In a small mixing bowl, combine together the ketchup, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, gingerroot and garlic. Mix well with a wire whisk.
2) Arrange the chicken cubes in an 8-inch microwavable glass pie plate.
3) All over the chicken, pour the honey mixture and use plastic wrap to cover the plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) Vent the plastic wrap and microwave the chicken on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, stir the contents.
5) Allow the preparation to stand for about 1 minute so that the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
6) Place the hot chicken mixture over the rice and serve while still hot. Makes a good main dish.