Chicken Alfredo with a Mediterranean Twist
|Fettuccine noodles||6 Ounce|
|Chicken strips||1 Pound|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chicken base||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For chicken marinade|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the noodles according to package instructions, strain and set aside.
2. In an air-tight container, add in the chicken, basil leaves, garlic, salt and olive oil. Cover and shake the bowl to coat chicken with spices and oil. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. In a medium skillet, melt butter and gradually stir in the flour. Continue to stir until mixture become a paste and golden brown.
4. On medium high heat stir in milk, whip cream, onion powder, garlic, chicken base, white pepper, and wine. Bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and gradually stir in roux. Place back on medium heat and continuously stir until sauce thickens. Once sauce reaches your desired thickness remove from heat.
6. Once removed from the heat stir the cheese into the sauce until well incorporated.
7. In another skillet melt additional 2 tbsp. of butter then add in chicken strips and cook on both sides until golden brown and done.
8. Remove chicken from skillet onto a plate and set aside.
9. Add ½ tsp. olive oil into the same skillet then add in the tomato, olives, oregano and sauté. Set aside.
10. In a large bowl add noodles and ladle on enough sauce to coat noodles then place noodles on serving plate.
11. In the same bowl add chicken and coat with sauce then place on top of noodles.
12. Arrange vegetables around serving dish.
13. Garnish with parsley and serve.