Chicken Lima Kettle Meal
|Baby lima beans||1 Pound, dried|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up (1 no.)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1) Rinse the lima beans.
2) Into a heavy kettle filled with water, add the beans. Let the water come to a boil.
3) Take the kettle off the flame and let rest for about 1 hour.
4) Wash and pat dry the chicken.
5) In a skillet, heat oil. Add in the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
6) Drain off all the fat from the skillet, leaving behind 1 tablespoon.
7) Into the skillet, add in garlic, onion, green pepper and carrot. Saute till they turn a light brown. Add in the paprika and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
8) Add in the browned chicken, sauted vegetables, salt, pepper and bay leaf into the lima beans.
9) Bring the mixture to a boil, covered.
10) Simmer for about 1 hour or till the chicken turns tender.
11) Serve the Chicken Lima Kettle Meal garnished with chopped parsley.