Flaky Herb Chicken
|Round buttery crackers||2 Ounce, made into crumbs|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken cutlets||1⁄2 Pound (2 cutlets, 1/4 pound each)|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) On a paper plate or sheets of wax paper, combine together the cheese, basil, cracker crumbs and oregano.
3) Into the yogurt, dip 1 chicken cutlet and then dredge it in the crumb mixture. Coat both the sides evenly. Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets. Ensure that the entire crumb mixture and yogurt has been used up.
4) On a non-stick baking sheet, arrange the chicken and drizzle each cutlet with ½ teaspoon of oil.
5) Bake in preheated oven till the chicken is light brown in color (takes 7 to 8 minutes).
6) Turn the cutlets over and drizzle each cutlet with ½ teaspoon of oil. Bake till the cutlets are thoroughly cooked and light brown (7 to 8 minutes longer).
7) Arrange the cutlets on a decorative serving platter and serve while still hot. Makes a good main dish.
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg7%
Sodium 258.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.49%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 0.84%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet