Chicken Hunter's Style
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound (1 no)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, trimmed, sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled, seeded, chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (small)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chervil leaves/Thyme||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Slice the chicken into serve-sized pieces.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter or oil. Add in the mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, chervil, salt and pepper. Saute well and cook on simmer for 45 minutes.
3) When the chicken becomes tender, transfer it to a serving platter. Keep warm.
4) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch in a little water. Add the paste into the simmering mixture.
5) Stir constantly till the mixture thickens and starts to bubble.
6) Pour the vegetable sauce over the chicken pieces. Serve hot.