Honey Curried Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||6 Pound, cut into serving pieces (2 Birds, 3 Pound Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken, drain and pat dry on paper toweling.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
3. In a bowl, blend the melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder thoroughly.
4. Glaze the chicken pieces with this sauce by dipping them in it or brush them generously until well coated.
5. Arrange the chicken pieces in a roasting pan, skin side up.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Turn, glaze with remaining sauce and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes until the chicken is tender, and juice run clear.
8. Serve the chicken hot over cooked rice.
Calories 1126 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.4%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g121.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.3 mg120.1%
Sodium 760.3 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 85 g170%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet