|Broiler fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Biscuit mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salted sunflower nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), roasted, chopped (Fisher Brand)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. In a deep fat fryer or a deep frying pan or skillet, pour the corn oil, (about 3-inches)
2. Heat the oil to 375 degree F. Alternatively, preheat the oven to 350°F if you want to bake the chicken.
3. Season the chicken well, to taste.
4. In a wide shallow dish, combine prepare the batter by combining biscuit mix, water and nuts.
5. Coat the chicken pieces with the batter.
6. When the oil is hot, drop batter coated chicken pieced into the hot oil.
7. Fry the chicken, preferably in batches, until evenly golden and crispy
8. Remove and drain on paper toweling and fry remaining pieces.
Alternatively arrange the battered chicken pieces on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown and tender.
9. Serve the Nutty Chicken immediately, accompanied by your favorite dipping sauce.
Calories 1976 Calories from Fat 1552
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g267.8%
Saturated Fat 31.8 g159.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 297.7 mg99.2%
Sodium 445 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 76 g151.7%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet