Stuffed Chicken Rolls with Mushroom Gravy
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|All-purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce, dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water (1 Packet)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion garlic flavored croutons||1 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chicken cutlets||6 Ounce, pounded to 1/8-inch thickness (2 Pieces, 3 Ounces Each)|
1) Combine together the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of margarine in a 1-quart microwavable shallow casserole and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes, till tendered. Halfway through the cooking time, stir once.
2) Over the mushrooms, sprinkle the flour and stir well to combine. Microwave on HIGH for another 1 minute.
3) Add the lemon juice and the dissolved broth mixture and stir well to combine.
4) Transfer the cooked contents to a bowl and set aside.
5) In the same casserole used to cook the mushrooms, combine together the vegetables, garlic and the remaining margarine.
6) Cover the casserole with vented plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, till the vegetables are tender, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
7) Add the egg and croutons and stir well to combine.
8) Onto the center of each chicken cutlet, spread half of the crouton mixture and carefully roll each cutlet crosswise to enclose the filling. Secure each rolled cutlet with a toothpick.
9) In the same casserole used for cooking, arrange the chicken rolls, seam-side down, cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 3 ½ minutes, till the chicken is tender. Halfway through the cooking time, rotate the casserole ½ turn.
10) Over the chicken, pour the mushroom mixture and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, till thoroughly heated.
11) Place the hot preparation on a decorative serving platter and serve as a main dish. Makes a filling and nutritious dish.
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg22.4%
Sodium 261.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet