|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Slice the chicken into serving-size pieces.
3) In a plastic bag, add four, salt and pepper.
4) Add in the chicken pieces and shake the bag well to get the coating evenly over the chicken.
5) In a large skillet, heat oil. Add in the flour coated chicken pieces and brown them well on all sides. Remove the chicken onto a serving plate.
6) In a medium bowl, add eggs and beat well. Mix in the milk.
7) Sift in the flour, paprika, salt and pepper into the bowl. Mix well to get a smooth batter. Pour in the melted butter or margarine.
8) Heat a 10-cup shallow baking dish in the oven.
9) Pour the batter into the baking dish. Arrange the chicken slices in the dish.
10) Bake for about 45 minutes until the chicken turns golden and puffs up.
11) Serve the Yorkshire Chicken hot.
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.1%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.9 mg111%
Sodium 554.7 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet