Local Baked Chicken
|Frying chicken||1 , disjointed|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Au jus gravy mix||3⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Rhine wine/Other dry wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (If Desired)|
1. Skin the chicken and trim off excess fat.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces, flesh side up, in a casserole or baking dish.
4. In a bowl, blend the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken pieces.
5. Bake the chicken for about 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and juices run clear.
6. Baste the chicken occasionally with the sauce while baking.
7. Serve the chicken hot over cooked rice.
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.2 mg52.1%
Sodium 500.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet