Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken With Spaghetti Squash
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||7 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||2|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. cut the squash in half and remove the seeds with a metal spoon. Next put squash face down on a baking sheet and pour water, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar on the baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the oven having 400F for about an hour until it turns nice and soft.
2. Stem off the tomatoes and cut them in half. In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, onions, rosemary, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. On a baking sheet put the tomatoes to bake at 400F for about 30 minutes until the tomatoes get soft and the onions get crispy.
4. Stuff the chicken under the skin with herbs like basil and marjoram leaves. Pull the skin back over the chicken after stuffing. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
5. Put a non-stick oven-proof skillet over the stove to heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces skin-side down position into the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the chicken get cooked for 7-8 minutes. Flip over the pieces, when it gets nicely brown and crispy at the skin side.
6.Pour the lemon juice and the white wine over the chicken pieces. Continue to cook this for another 10 minutes. Spoon the juices over the chicken for few times. When the chicken is ready the juice will run clear when pierced with a knife.
7. Serve the chicken on a platter by pouring the excess sauce over the chicken. Garnish with roasted tomatoes and onions.
8. Use two forks to shred the cooked flesh of the squash and put this into a large bowl. Season this with little bit of salt and pepper. Pour the grated cheese and 2 tbsp olive oil into the squash and mix well. Let it sit for few minutes until the cheese melts.
9. On a serving plate put a scoop of spaghetti squash along with a chicken breast and then pour few spoons of sauce all over it.