Orange Roasted Chicken
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oranges||2 , cut in half|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Argo Or Kingsford's Brand)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Coat the chicken all over with melted margarine or butter.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
4. In the cavity of the chicken, stuff the orange halves.
5. Arrange the chicken in a roasting pan and place in the preheated oven.
6. Roast the chicken for 2 ½ hours, basting it from time to time, with the drippings in the pan, until the chicken is tender and brown. The juices must run when chicken is pieced at the thickest portion of the thigh.
7. Into the juices and drippings in the pan, stir in the orange juice, chicken bouillon, brown sugar and corn starch.
8. Place the pan on a medium low flame and simmer, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
9. Pour the sauce over the chicken and return it to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until well glazed.
10. Serve the chicken hot, accompanied with a fresh green salad on the side.
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223 mg74.3%
Sodium 287.1 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 50 g100.3%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 81.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet