Calico Chicken Skillet
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaf||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Slice the chicken into serve-size pieces.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil. Add the chicken pieces and saute till brown on both sides.
3) Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep aside.
4) Add in onions and garlic and saute till they become soft.
5) Add in the rice and brown for about 3 minutes.
6) Add in water, mixed vegetables, chicken broth, salt and tarragon. Add in the chicken last.
7) Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the heat. Cook on simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
8) The chicken is done when it turns tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
9) Serve Calico Chicken Skillet hot, with steamed rice on the side.
Calories 1008 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.6 mg70.9%
Sodium 1176.1 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 61 g121.3%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 15% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet