Oven Fried Chicken And Bananas
|Chickens||6 Pound, cut-up into serving pieces (2 Pieces, About 3 Pound Each)|
|Cream of coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Coco Casa Brand)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflake crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
1. In a bowl, blend the Cream of Coconut and lemon juice.
2. Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
4. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
5. Peel and halve each banana, crosswise.
6. Dip the chicken and banana pieces in the cream of coconut.
7. Coat with cornflake crumbs by rolling and pressing so that they stick to form an even layer.
8. Arrange them in baking dish in a single layer, then drizzle with melted butter.
9. Bake for bananas 30 minutes and chicken for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and tender and cornflakes are crisp and golden.
10. Baste with butter once during cooking time.
11. Serve the chicken and banana hot and crispy.