Rosh Hashanah - Honey Mustard Chicken
|Chicken pieces||4 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pareve margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a bowl, coat each piece of chicken with flour and set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat margarine and brown the floured chicken on all sides.
2. Arrange the chicken in a greased pan.
3. Mix honey, mustard and chicken bouillon and pour this over the chicken pieces.
4. In a preheated oven, cover and bake at 250 degrees centigrade for about 45 minutes, until chicken is tender.
5. Garnish with the roasted almonds. Serve hot over a bed of white rice.
Calories 891 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.4 mg106.1%
Sodium 419.6 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 102 g203.1%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet