Chicken In Papers With Mushrooms
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||2 , chopped|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) Remove the skin and debone the chicken, discard skin and bone.
2) Pound the chicken as thin as possible between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
3) Cut chicken in 2 inch cubes.
4) Cut 4 inch squares of parchment paper or aluminium foil.
5) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© the mushrooms, scallions and water chestnuts for 3 minutes.
6) Add the ginger, cinnamon, sherry and remaining soy sauce.
7) Remove from heat and let it cool.
8) Spread little mixture on one side of each chicken square.
9) Fold over and press edges together.
10) Place a piece of chicken in the centre of each paper or foil, and fold over the paper envelope fashion.
11) Chill the chicken for 2 hours.
12) In a wok, heat the fat to 370°F and carefully drop a few chicken packages at a time into it.
13) Fry the packages for 4 minutes.
14) Remove and drain on paper napkin.
15) Serve in the paper, with sweet chilli dip if desired.