|Roasting chicken||5 Pound, cut in serving size pieces|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned kumquats||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
1. In a large shallow baking dish, place chicken pieces.
2. In a bowl combine wine, soy sauce, lime juice, onion, garlic, curry powder, ginger, oregano and thyme.
3. Pour over chicken, marinate for 6 hours, turning twice and drain and reserve marinade.
4. In a large skillet heat butter and oil, brown chicken and return to baking dish.
5. Into drippings in skillet stir flour and cook, stirring, until bubbly.
6. Gradually stir in marinade and cook until thickened.
7. Pour the sauce over chicken, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°f 1 hour until tender.
8. On a warm serving dish using tongs, remove chicken from the sauce and arrange.
9. With kumquats sprinkle over the chicken and keep warm.
10. Into a small saucepan pour sauce and bring to boiling.
11. Blend some of the hot sauce with egg yolks and return mixture to pan.
12. Cook stirring constantly until sauce is thickened without letting it boil and add salt to taste.
13. To serve pour sauce over chicken and kumquats and sprinkle with parsley.
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 616
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105.3%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g102%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 348.4 mg116.1%
Sodium 1465.5 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 69 g137.6%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet