|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely ground|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, combine water and 1/4 cup butter and heat till water boils.
2) Add flour and salt and stir vigorously.
3) When the mix begins to form a ball, turn off heat.
4) While beating, add in one egg at a time till the mixture is smooth.
6) Using a spoon, cream the ground chicken to a smooth paste.
7) Beat in a pastry mixture and add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
8) One at a time, beat in the egg whites, 1/2 cup softened butter, and cream.
9) Chill for 6 -€“ 8 hours.
10) To shape quenelles, use a pastry tube or in a dessert spoon by leveling pastry and sliding it into a buttered skillet, or by rolling the paste into cylinders.
11) To cook, quenelles must be covered with boiling salted water and then simmered for 10 minutes.
12) Remove and drain.
13) Serve hot, drizzled with melted butter.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.6 mg66.9%
Sodium 163 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet