Chicken With Chestnuts
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 whole)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water chestnuts||1 Pound|
|Scallions||8 , thinly sliced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Joint the chicken and cut the breast in four pieces.
2) In a bowl, place the chicken with salt, pepper, soy sauce and sherry.
3) Toss the chicken so it marinates properly and let it stand for 30 minutes.
4) Cut across on the top of each water chestnut.
5) In a saucepan, place the chestnuts and cover with water, bring to boil.
6) Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
7) Drain the chestnuts and shell it.
8) In a deep skillet, heat oil and brown the chicken.
9) Add scallions, ginger and broth.
10) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Add water chestnuts and cook for 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender.
12) Check and add little water if needed.
13) Serve hot with rice.