Pot Roast Chicken
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, washed and dried (1 whole)|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried mushrooms||10 (Chinese, if available)|
|Scallions||8 , sliced|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Dice the gizzard and liver.
2) In a bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, sherry and soy sauce.
3) Rub the chicken with the garlic mixture and let it stand for 30 minutes.
4) In a bowl, soak the mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes.
5) Drain and slice the mushrooms.
6) In a dutch oven or large saucepan heat the oil and brown the chicken from all sides.
7) Add the liver, gizzard, mushrooms and scallions.
8) Cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
9) Add the water, salt, pepper and sugar.
10) Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
11) Remove the chicken.
12) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with little water and add into the gravy, stir until thickened.
13) Cut the chicken into pieces and pour gravy on top, serve with steam rice.