Peking Fried Chicken
|Fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 whole)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Debone the chicken and cut into 2 inch pieces.
2) In bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper.
3) Rub the soy sauce mixture into the chicken.
4) In a wok, heat the fat to 370°F and fry the chicken until browned.
5) Drain on the paper napkins.
6) In a deep skillet, combine the remaining oil and soy sauce, broth, sherry, scallions and celery.
7) Bring the soy sauce mixture to a boil and add chicken.
8) Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
9) Remove the chicken and keep warm.
10) In a small bowl mix cornstarch and little water, stir into the skillet.
11) Simmer until the sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
12) Arrange the chicken on a warm serving dish and spoon the sauce over chicken.