Chicken Livers with Pineapple and Almonds
|Almonds||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 cup)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, reserve syrup (1 can)|
|Pineapple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken livers||2 Pound|
1. To prepare the almonds blanch them and set aside.
2. In a saucepan mix sugar, brown sugar and cornstarch.
3. Gradually add, stirring constantly, a mixture of the reserved pineapple syrup, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Bring rapidly to boiling, stirring constantly.
5. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, set aside and keep hot.
6. In a skillet heat butter over low heat and cook chicken livers in skillet about 10 minutes or until lightly browned, occasionally moving and turning with a spoon.
7. Add pineapple chunks, almonds and sauce to livers and cook a few minutes longer until pineapple is heated, stirring gently.
8. Serve the livers over hot rice.
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 421.5 mg140.5%
Sodium 197.8 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 258.3% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet