Chicken Livers With Pineapple And Almonds
|Almonds||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 cup)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, reserve syrup (1 can)|
|Pineapple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken livers||2 Pound|
1. To prepare the almonds blanch them and set aside.
2. In a saucepan mix sugar, brown sugar and cornstarch.
3. Gradually add, stirring constantly, a mixture of the reserved pineapple syrup, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Bring rapidly to boiling, stirring constantly.
5. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, set aside and keep hot.
6. In a skillet heat butter over low heat and cook chicken livers in skillet about 10 minutes or until lightly browned, occasionally moving and turning with a spoon.
7. Add pineapple chunks, almonds and sauce to livers and cook a few minutes longer until pineapple is heated, stirring gently.
8. Serve the livers over hot rice.