Chicken With Kumquats
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kumquats and syrup||8 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Coarsely chopped crystallized ginger||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted salted almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare the chicken coat chicken pieces evenly with a mixture of flour, salt, pepper and rosemary.
2. In a skillet heat butter and add chicken pieces and brown evenly over medium heat, about 15 minutes.
3. In a shallow baking pan when chicken is browned, arrange pieces.
4. Into an electric blender container put kumquats and syrup and blend until smooth.
5. In skillet mix kumquat puree, ginger and chicken broth with drippings and pour over chicken pieces.
6. Bake at 350°F about 45 minutes, or until tender, basting several times.
7. To serve garnish with almonds.