|Italian bread slice||2 Ounce, toasted (2 Slices, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Thousand island dressing||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chicken||2 Ounce, cooked and thinly sliced|
|Crisp bacon slice||2 , crumbled|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Avocado||1⁄8 , pared and thinly sliced|
|Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, sliced|
1) In a single layer, arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
2) Spread each slice with ½ teaspoon of dressing and then with half of the chicken, scallion, bacon and tomato.
3) With the remaining dressing, top the ingredients.
4) On each sandwich, arrange half of the avocado slices and half of the cheese.
5) Broil the sandwich 6 inches from the heat source till the sandwich is hot and the cheese has melted. This takes about 2 minutes.
6) Serve the sandwich while it is still hot. A light, green salad can be served on the side.