Chicken Liver Brochettes
|Bacon slices||8 , cut into 2 inch lengths|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter, 1/4 Cup)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Spring onion whites||6 , cut into 2 inch lengths|
|Fresh thyme/Oregano, dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken livers||2 Pound, trimmed and halved (1 Kilogram)|
1. Prepare the grill and position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) away from the fire.
2. Boil water in a saucepan and add the bacon pieces and blanch for about 3 minutes.
3. Drain well and pat dry with absorbent paper towels and set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine the oil, soy sauce, chopped green onions, thyme or oregano and pepper and mix well.
5. Stir in the chicken livers and toss to coat well.
6. The livers may be grilled now, or you may cover the bowl and marinate them in the refrigerator, tossing occasionally, for 1 or 2 hours.
7. Thread the liver, bacon and green onion pieces alternately onto 6 skewers.
8. Reserve any of the marinade remaining in the bowl.
9. Arrange the skewers on the rack.
10. Grill, turning occasionally and brushing once or twice with the reserved marinade, until the livers are well browned outside and slightly pink inside, 8-12 minutes.
11. Arrange the skewers in a large serving plate and serve the hot with some grilled vegetables as side dish.