Chicken in a Basket
|Squab chicken||2 Pound (2, 1 Pound Each)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Peel potatoes and cut into thin, matchstick fries.
3) In a roasting pan, place the chickens.
4) Brush with oil and season well.
5) Roast for 30 minutes, or until juices from the legs run clear when pierced with skewer.
6) In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 340°.
7) Fry potatoes for 3-5 minutes till golden.
8) Drain well.
9) In two small baskets, arrange napkins.
10) Place fries in folds of cloth.
11) In baskets, place chickens.
12) Garnish with parsley sprigs and onion rings.
13) Eat with your fingers or a knife and fork if preferred.
Calories 1502 Calories from Fat 1233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214.1%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.1 mg68%
Sodium 125.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 42 g84.9%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 76.6%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 63.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet