Chicken in a Basket
|Squab chicken||2 Pound (2, 1 Pound Each)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Peel potatoes and cut into thin, matchstick fries.
3) In a roasting pan, place the chickens.
4) Brush with oil and season well.
5) Roast for 30 minutes, or until juices from the legs run clear when pierced with skewer.
6) In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 340°.
7) Fry potatoes for 3-5 minutes till golden.
8) Drain well.
9) In two small baskets, arrange napkins.
10) Place fries in folds of cloth.
11) In baskets, place chickens.
12) Garnish with parsley sprigs and onion rings.
13) Eat with your fingers or a knife and fork if preferred.