National Chicken and Pork Dish
|Chicken||5 Pound (1 Pullet)|
|Pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow food color||3 Drop|
|Coconut cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop the chicken into 2-inch pieces, along with the bone.
2) In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and bay leaf.
3) Marinate the pork in the mixture for 30 minutes.
4) Drain the pork reserving the marinade.
5) In a casserole, heat oil and brown the chicken and pork.
6) Add marinade and water.
7) Cover and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender and almost dry.
8) Stir in the coloring (if using) and coconut milk.
9) Cook for 5 minutes more.
10) Taste for seasoning.
11) Serve hot over rice.
Calories 1602 Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.3%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g152%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 492.1 mg164%
Sodium 1446.9 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 153 g305.7%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet