National Chicken and Pork Dish
|Chicken||5 Pound (1 Pullet)|
|Pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow food color||3 Drop|
|Coconut cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop the chicken into 2-inch pieces, along with the bone.
2) In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and bay leaf.
3) Marinate the pork in the mixture for 30 minutes.
4) Drain the pork reserving the marinade.
5) In a casserole, heat oil and brown the chicken and pork.
6) Add marinade and water.
7) Cover and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender and almost dry.
8) Stir in the coloring (if using) and coconut milk.
9) Cook for 5 minutes more.
10) Taste for seasoning.
11) Serve hot over rice.