Savory Chicken and Mushrooms
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||4 Pound (4, 1 Pound Each)|
|Broccoli flowerets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Condensed cream of chicken and broccoli soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked egg noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh oregano sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, milk and mustard and bend thoroughly.
2. In a large, flat skillet melt and heat 1 tablspoon of margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
3. When hot but not smoking, arrange the chicken breasts in the pan, and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes each side until evenly browned and tender.
4. Remove the chicken onto a platter and keep warm.
5. Melt remaining margarine or butter and add the vegetables.
6. Saute them until tender-crisp.
7. Tip in the prepared sauce and stir to blend and heat, stirring, until it begins to thicken slightly and comes to a boil.
8. Divide the hot cooked noodles equally among 4 dinner plates.
9. Place a chicken piece on each and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
10. Garnish with tomatoes and oregano and serve hot.