|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Bacon slab||2 Ounce|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley sprig||2 (Fresh)|
1) Halve the garlic clove and rub it all over the chicken.
2) Dice bacon.
3) Peel and finely chop onions.
4) Slice mushrooms.
5) In a flameproof casserole, fry bacon till brown.
6) Add oil and when hot brown chicken pieces on all sides.
7) Add onion to casserole and brown.
8) Pour in half the wine, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
9) Then add mushrooms to casserole with bay leaves, half the chopped parsley and chives, and seasoning.
10) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
11) Discard bay leaves.
12) With a slotted spoon, take out chicken pieces and place on warmed serving dish.
13) Keep hot.
14) If there's a lot of liquid in casserole, boil till reduced by half.
15) Mix arrowroot with remaining wine and stir into pan juices.
16) Cook, stirring, till sauce thickens, then gradually stir in cream.
17) When hot (it must not boil) pour sauce over chicken.
18) Garnish with remaining chopped parsley and chives and parsley sprigs.
19) Serve hot.