Broiled Chicken and Giblets
|Gizzards||1⁄2 Pound, wash well and cut into bite size|
|Chicken breasts||2 , well and cut into bite size|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound, wash well and cut into bite size|
|Sake/Sherry||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, place gizzards, cover with water and bring to a boil.
2) Cook for 10 minutes and drain.
3) Use 12 small skewers and thread the gizzards, chicken and livers on them alternately.
4) Oil a broiling tray.
5) Arrange the skewers on the broiling pan.
6) In a saucepan, combine sake or sherry, soy sauce and sugar.
7) Bring to boil and brush the meat on skewers with the mixture, coat them well.
8) Place the tray under broiler and broil for 10 minutes.
9) Turn the skewers and baste with more sauce frequently.
10) Sprinkle with the ginger.
11) Serve with grated daikon (white radish) or grated turnip and the remaining sauce.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 381.6 mg127.2%
Sodium 1333.6 mg55.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 41 g81.9%
Vitamin A 126.7% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet