|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into 11/2 inch pieces|
|Chopped green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Medium)|
|Onion slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into wedges (1 Medium)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Cayenne)|
|Stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Condensed golden corn soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
1. In a large, flat skillet melt and heat half the margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the chicken strips and stir fry for about 5 minutes until evenly browned and almost tender.
3. Remove the chicken from pan onto a platter.
4. Melt the remaining fat and add to the pan the vegetables, herb and spices.
5. SautÃ© until crisp but softened.
6. Add the tomatoes and rice and sautÃ© a few minutes more.
7. Pour in the soup.
8. Stir to blend and heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins comes to a boil.
9. Return the chicken pieces to the pan.
10. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer chicken for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and heated through.
11. Divide between 2 dinner bowls.
12. Garnish with rosemary and serve hot.