|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound (4 Breast Halves)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Apple juice/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley/Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked medium egg noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot (About 4 Cups Dry)|
1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine over medium-high heat.
2. When hot, arrange the chicken breasts and brown evenly for about 5 minutes each side.
3. Remove chicken pieces from pan onto a platter and keep aside.
4. Add remaining margarine and heat on medium flame.
5. Add the onion and sautÃ© until limp, about 5 minutes.
6. Tip in the soup and apple juice
7. Stir in the parsley and mustard and let the liquid come to a boil.
8. To the bubbling liquid, add the browned chicken pieces.
9. Reduce the heat and let the chicken simmer for about 5 minutes until it is tender.
10. Stir the sauce occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
11. Divide the hot cooked noodles among 4 dinner plates.
12. Arrange a chicken breast on top of each and spoon the sauce generously over it.
13. You can garnish the chicken with parsley and apples if you like.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg36.4%
Sodium 455.5 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet