Chicken Breasts With Harvest Vegetables
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sliced|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pan, place the stock, vinegar, mustard, and garlic and whisk well till it is a completely incorporated mix.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and turn it well to ensure that the chicken is well coated.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least four hours
4. Coat a broiler rack with nonstick spray.
5. Remove the chicken just before serving and drain the marinade. Set the marinade aside to make the gravy.
6. Place the chicken on the broiler rack and broil five inches from the heat for five minutes per side till cooked through.
7. Strain the marinade into a saucepan, and simmer on low heat.
8. In another cup, dissolve the cornstarch and add it to the marinade while whisking constantly
9. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes till completely mixed. Keep aside till required.
10. In another saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat
11. Add the red peppers and scallions and sautÃ© over medium heat for 2-3 minutes till cooked through.
12. Add the mushrooms, corn, basil, parsley, and black pepper to the pan and cook again.
13. Place the rice on a plate, top with the chicken and the vegetables and serve hot immediately.