Poached Chicken with Pear and Kiwifruit
|Pear juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Celery stalks||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, julienned|
|Kiwifruit||4 , thinly sliced|
1. Quarter the pears and remove the cores of the pears
2. Prepare the vegetables by cutting them and washing them well
3. In a large frying pan, place the pear juice and the cinnamon and add the pears.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook the pears till they are just tender and cooked through in about 10-20 minutes.
5. Drain the pears and set them aside till required. Reserve the liquid if required for use with another dish.
6. In the same frying pan, add the stock, chicken, celery, onions, and bay leaf and cook for 12 minutes till the chicken is tender
7. Drain the chicken and keep it warm.
8. Return the pan juices to the pan and add the carrots to the pan. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes till they are tender.
9. Serve the hot chicken with the pears, the carrots, kiwis