Chicken A La King
|Boneless cooked chicken||1 Pound|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1) Cut the chicken into small pieces.
2) Peel and finely chop onion.
3) Seed pepper and finely chop half of it.
4) In a saucepan, melt the butter and gently fry onion and pepper till onion is transparent.
5) Add the flour with a wooden spoon, then the cold milk.
6) Remove from heat and gradually add the warm milk.
7) Bring to a boil.
8) Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
9) Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
10) Add chicken and sherry and cook for 5 minutes more.
11) Stir frequently during this time to prevent mixture sticking.
12) Meanwhile, slice the remaining pepper and blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
13) On a warmed serving plate, place chicken and sauce and surround with the pepper slices.
14) Serve the chicken with boiled rice or noodles.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.1 mg42.7%
Sodium 343.5 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 22 g44.4%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 64.5%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet