Hawaiian Style Stuffed Roast Chicken
|Broiler chicken||8 Pound (4 Broilers, 2 Pound Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground veal||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ground pork||3⁄4 Pound|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple slice||6 , sauteed|
1) Season the whole chickens with 2 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
2) Preheat the oven to 375° F
3) In a bowl, mix together the veal, pork, scallions, egg, soy sauce, sherry, accent, water chestnuts, and remaining salt and pepper.
4) Stuff the chickens with the mixture and close the opening with skewers or thread.
5) Brush with the melted butter.
6) Place on a rack in a shallow baking tray, and roast for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and brown.
7) Remove from the oven, brush the chickens with honey and sprinkle sesame seeds.
8) Increase the heat of the oven to 425°F and bake the chickens for 10 minutes more or until glazed.
9) Cut the chickens in half and serve on pineapple rings.