Crispy Chicken With Asparagus Sauce
|Whole egg/2 egg whites||1|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves/8 boneless chicken thighs||1 Pound (4 Breast Halves)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of asparagus soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Long grain and wild rice mix/Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Basil sprig||2 (Few Fresh Sprigs)|
|Canned beets||2 , cut into juliennes (For Garnish)|
1. In a shallow dish, lightly beat the egg
2. Spread the crumbs on a plate or wax paper.
3. To bread the chicken breasts, dip each first into egg.
4. Place on crumbs, pat lightly to form even coating, turn and coat other side.
5. Repeat with the remaining chicken portions.
6. In a large, flat skillet heat oil over medium-high flame.
7. When hot but not smoking, arrange the chicken breasts in the pan, and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes each side until evenly browned and tender.
8. Remove the chicken onto a platter and keep warm in the oven.
9. Drain the fat in the pan, and tip in the soup, milk and water.
10. Stir to blend and heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken slightly and comes to a boil.
11. Divide the hot cooked rice equally onto 4 dinner plates.
12. Place a chicken piece on each and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
13. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with basil and beets if you like.
14. Serve hot.